Business park development investment in central Cambridge
We are delighted to introduce a new opportunity to invest in office development in one of Europe’s biggest technological hubs – Cambridge. Excellent infrastructure, strong research and development base as well as the abundance of highly skilled young professionals coming out of the world reknown Cambridge University has made the city home to large tech, pharmaceutical and biochemical corporations.
The development site is located 15-minutes’ walk and 5-minutes’ cycle ride away from Cambridge Train Station where major corporations such as Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, WeWork, AstraZeneca and ARM are based. There is evidence to suggest that there is lack of new space coming to the market, especially in central Cambridge, key constraint being the lack of available land. The project is tailored to meet the strong demand in the area for high quality loft style Grade A office accommodation from established knowledge, creative and high-tech businesses.
Key project characteristics:
- The project will deliver 52,000 sqf of Grade A loft style office accommodation
- Falling under Permitted Development Rights, 80% (c. 40,000 sqf) of the development do not require planning permission as the existing industrial enterprise works at the site (B1(c) use class) can be converted into offices (B1 (a) use class) without applying for planning permission
- Planning for the rest of the site (20%) will be obtained during the construction
- Project timeline: Phase 1 – 10-12 months, Phase 2 – 10-12 months; total: 20-24 months
- GDV: £28,500,000
- Profit margin: 38% (meaning there is substantial capacity to absorb any falls in value whilst still providing strong returns)
- Investor ROC: 70-109%
- Minimum investment amount: £100,000
*Figures provided are preliminary. Please, contact us for further information.